Wednesday, December 23, 2009

travel day!

Whew! We made it back to South Jersey, safe and sound. AND my there is a butt load of snow. Sienna was good on the plane, she's a natural traveler. She woke up at the airport in Aguadilla, PR and was talking to everyone. EVERYONE. You could hear her throughout this little airport. This was at 2:30am. She stayed awake until the plane took off and I gave her a bottle. Sienna & Jacques were out like lights. My arm was falling asleep from this 25+ lb cutie pie. So I opened the food/beverage trays, laid some sweatshirts down and put Sienna on 2 beverage trays....when in Rome!! She slept for two hours, til we got to Fort Lauderdale. Guess she was comfy! On the plane to Atlantic City, NJ they had an open row for us. So Ms. Big Girl Sienna had her own seat. She loved it, we strapped her in and put her toys on the tray and she was so good the entire time. A couple of times she got over it and hopped on my lap to look out the window. We saw the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, it's really neat from the air cause you can see the tunnels completely submerged into the water. As we were going up the coast I was thinking to myself, where is the snow??

Oh...we saw snow!!!! Not in Virginia, Maryland or even Delaware. But once we flew over the coast of Jersey it was WHITE. EVERYWHERE. Sienna was saying "NOOOOO". She's still gotta work on her "S" sounds. Hehe. We landed and met Nana & Mom-Mom at the airport. How cute! She played her shy game then warmed right up. We have only been in Jersey for 24 hours and Sienna has had a couple "firsts". She saw snow for the first time, we are going to put her in it and take some pictures later. Our island baby also put shoes on for the first time!! In PR we are barefoot all the time. It was soo cute to see her checkin these weird things on her feet, she walked around the airport like she had flippers on. She was asking me where her toes were. TOES? TOES? Haha. We had lunch at the Anchorage in Somers Point along with some much needed bloody marys. yum.

My Mom had everyone over for dinner that night. Sienna was pretty tired and slept a bunch, as we did too! My Mom made filets for Jacques who hasn't had a good cut of meat since we moved down to PR. I pass on red meat and was perfectly happy with my chicken. So good to be having our family's home cooked meals. We're definitely fattening up while we are up here. Chicken pot pie tonight for dinner. A perfect compliment to my snickers ice cream bar I had for breakfast!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cora,
    Its Julie Carlisi. Just got your blog address from Jacques. So cool to see how you guys are doing in PR. I love the video with Sienna laughing at the dog. So cute! Wish I could come there with Jason. Me and Kai went to colorado with my mom few weeks back to see my cousin. So I only had enough money for 1 trip. Plus we go to Disney in Feb. We have to get together when you come back. Kai and Sienna can actually play together now. Should be a fun summer with them. take care, Julie Carlisi

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey here is my email address julz5385@yahoo.com. send me yours too. I will email you some recent pics of Kai. By the way I saw you are a gemini on your profile. My bday is June 7th. Sara Clark is June 9th. And our babies were born 2 days apart. so weird that are babies are all sagitarrius and the moms are gemini.hope to hear from you soon

    ReplyDelete