Thursday, December 31, 2009

$9 fare club, pppssshhh

Our trip has come to an end. We had a wonderful time going to and from all of our families and friends homes. We are so grateful to have such a great people in our lives. Christmas eve, Christmas day and all the days in between have been jam packed with drinks, food and laughter. It was fabulous. I have gained 7 lbs to date, Jacques 5lbs. Sienna has been porking up as well but has not been eating much recently because she is cutting 4 new teeth. Running a fever, diaper rash and runny nose to boot. It sucks to see your daughter in so much pain, I wish I could take it all from her. Tylenol, orajel and decongestant help her out so I feel a little better about that. We have seen SO MUCH WEATHER HERE: snow, rain, wind and sun. It's been 19degrees to 50degrees. Freezing to a comfortable freezing.


Pictures are going to be coming up when we head back to PR. I forgot the wire that hooks my camera up into the computer. Go figure. The following posts when we are back are going to be a throw back to Christmas. Starting in Puerto Rico, it's a little project that I couldn't get around to before we left, planned on doing it while I was in NJ but again...forgot my wire.


I just need to rant because this is very recent news I just got while I was writing this blog. And hopefully somehow a Spirit Airline employee, executive, someone can see what I am going to write.


Dear Spirit Airlines,

YOU SUCK. I am sorry to put it so bluntly, but that is being nice. I love the idea of you, Spirit, so close and convenient to us here in South Jersey. You fly where we all want to go, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Dominican. Your prices are pretty good, until you further check out your reservation. You nick and dime us for reserving a seat, luggage, taxes and fees. You have a good marketing team there Spirit, for dumb monotoned Americans that do not notice you ripping us off. OH YEA I FORGOT, NO WATER, SODA, PEANUTS, NOTHING DURING THE FLIGHT. If you want to pay with a credit card you can enjoy these luxuries at extremely inflated costs. (think $4 a soda, $2 for about 10 animal crackers). Oh, Spirit, I am only just beginning.


We left Atlantic City and moved down to Puerto Rico. We brought along everything we needed for the baby (reference one of our first posts). We check in our stroller, and arrive in Aguadilla with no jogging stroller. Silly Spirit people left our $200 stroller at the gate in Florida!! No problem, they had a "replacement". Our "replacement" was a $12 umbrella stroller with two working wheels. NICE ONE . You also told us our stroller would be there the following day! We waited a week for your call (which came in at 4:30am, waking the WHOLE house up) saying our stroller has returned. Thanks, Spirit. Oh and thanks for the $25 voucher, really broke the bank on that one.


We had our friend down for 10 days, Spirit. And he unfortunately missed his flight. His flight was in the middle of the night 2:30am and slept through it (coulda been the rum, but we like to think it's the time of the actual flight). He called as soon as he realized he missed his flight. He was told he was canceled out of the system because the plane already took off. He was charged $300+ to RE-BOOK a flight he already paid for and couldn't get a flight out until 2 days later. That's not the Christmas Spirit, Spirit!!!!


It was our turn to come back up to Jersey. A huge snow storm was swallowing the mid-atlantic. Our flight was to leave at 4:30am. You guys would not tell us that our flight was canceled. You said to call at 1:30am. When I asked if the flight was on time you guys told me yes. I said to Atlantic City? And you guys said, no, to Florida. I said what about the flight to Atlantic City? You finally told me after 15 minutes of holding that the flights were canceled. What you did not know, Spirit was while I was on hold I GOOGLED flight cancellations and BOOM got my answer a LOT faster than you people could. What you also wanted us to do was board the plane to Florida and get stuck in Florida for 16+hours. Sorry, Spirit, we are not that dumb. We knew our flight to Atlantic City would be canceled, you wanted us in Florida...we wanted to stay at the comfort of our own house in PR.
Thanks again, Spirit. We got to New Jersey two days later than expected.


Now, the reason I am writing an open letter to YOU, Spirit. IS BECAUSE YOU PUSHED ME TO THIS POINT. Today I received a call saying flights are delayed and we are not going to be able to catch our connecting flight to Aguadilla. We have to reschedule, for tomorrow. What if I had work, reservations, or I was on vacation? Would they compensate me? Nope. I asked them what I get (vouchers, free drinks during the flight, big front seat?) nothing. I get a response "if you want to upgrade to a big front seat it will be $596 extra." YOU INCONVENIENCED ME, YOU SHOULD BE NICE AND COMPENSATE. a free drink at least! Geesh! So, Spirit, I have traveled you back and forth to Florida, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, etc and I'm thinking of not being your friend anymore. You sound nice with your $9 air fare bullshit. But it's not really $9 (hidden fees, luggage, etc). I am thinking of driving to Newark, a non-stop flight to Aguadilla and ship my freaking boards down via UPS/fed ex cargo. You're just too much for me to deal with. And you do not make up for your bad services. That is why, you suck.


Sincerely,
Me

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cora enjoy your blog.It is very enjoyable your experiences .The good thing that i admire the most is that you choose to live in PUERTO RICO and havent trashed and complain like some other blogs that you could find on web .Will like to see you guys out if the Gringo zone to see the real Puerto Rico.Keep doing good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! We could never trash a place we feel so warm and welcome. The differences between the mainland and here are not negative (and not meant to be trashed) they are positive experiences that enhance our time down here! That's why we feel the reason to blog about them, we love sharing new information. Thanks again for your comment... keep following and see you outside the gringo bubble :).

    ReplyDelete